And the winner is, well, we’ll never know. In the blog world, unless you’re getting visitors in the millions, you apparently only get nominations for imaginary awards.
Cheers and many thanks go out today to two bloggers who have nominated me for two separate awards. That’s right, two. And I have crowned myself victorious because it’s my blog, and it’s an imaginary award, and balls.
The first award bestowed upon me comes from Kelly over at mytwicebakedpotato.com.
Her blog offers up advice based on experience raising a twice exceptional child. She does not claim to have all the answers but when reading her blog, you will in the least not feel alone in your struggles to parent a child with special needs. Go check her out and show some love. She’s doing as an awesome job as a mother and blogger!
These fake awards have rules. Imagine that?
1. Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog. (LOOK ABOVE. I DID IT!)
2. Tell 7 things that most people may not know about you.
* I am allergic to milk.
* Cats attack me for no reason.
* I would like to open a gourmet bistro catering to the masses who live with food allergies.
* I want to learn Gaelic because I think it would look cool on a resume but serve no real purpose.
* When I was young I wanted to be a gas attendant when I grew up. (I settled for coveralls)
* Given the proper amount of time, I can imitate most singers. I do a great Britney Spears, Taylor Swift, Norah Jones, and I am currently perfecting Adele!
3. Nominate 7 bloggers and let them know about the nomination.
When I nominated bloggers for the last award I received, only 4 bloggers replied to their nomination, and 1 did a post (I think). I believe most bloggers find these awards to be like chain letters and delete them like a forward from a friend in their email. Not that I care either way… since I have already deemed myself the winner. But beings I am the winner, I shall pass the imaginary torch to fellow bloggers who can choose to run with it, or throw it in the trash. Either way, I hope you check out the blogs I link. They are entertaining, inspiring, procrastination enabling and most of all… my favourites. That counts for something, yes?
* The 200 (Wonderful posts in 200 words or less, enjoy!)
* Shut Up Dad (Andrew is hilarious and can brighten any dreary day of mine.)
* Anxiety and Biscuits (Chris admires my usage of balls, he’s a shoo-in.)
* The Lift Blog (She’ll inspire you and make you think.)
* My Parents are Crazier than Yours (Yes they are)
* Clotilda Jamcracker (Weird name, cool blog. Good for gardening/thrifty information as well as giggles. Just found it today!)
* Expert of None (She’s Jill of all trades! She offers up a mixed bag of balls for everyone and everything.)
So there you have it! Thanks again Kelly @ mytwicebakedpotato.com!
On to my second win! Chris Biscuits over at Anxiety and Biscuits bestowed upon me the One Lovely Blog Award!
Chris read my blog and took a liking to my writing, and in particular, my usage of balls. I knew from the moment he created his own ball-word we were destined to be followers of one another! I urge you to check out his blog as it’s one of my favourites. He writes of his humourous struggle through the basics of life. I enjoy his interesting encounters with women, like this one HERE! Thank you Chris, I gladly accept the award nomination and crown myself winner!
Now for the rules. Yeah, they all seem to have rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (Did it!)
2. Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
* I am terrible with math. Put a letter in an equation and I’m out.
* I have a girl crush on Felicia Day and Taylor Swift.
* I get wrapped up in classic novels. So much so that I find myself talking in Old English.
* I am a food critic. (Non-Professionally)
* I can not open my eyes under water without goggles or I’ll drown.
* I read the Twilight Books and have watched all the movies several times over even though they are terrible.
* I want to go ice fishing.
3. Nominate 5 bloggers you admire. (I totally already named a bunch up there. But lucky for you, I have more favourites!)
4. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them. (Yup, will do.)
So there you have it! Thank you to my fellow bloggers for the awards. Thank you to my friends, family, admirers, followers, and God.
Happy Wednesday Balls!